1. 1980: Ken Morrow, New York Islanders
Many say that the playoff beard tradition started in 1980. Denis Potvin, of the Islanders, said it came organically. The team would “play four games in five nights in the first round and it was just something that kind of happened.”
11. 2009: Maxime Talbot of the Pittsburgh Penguins proves that the lack of beard isn’t a team problem
In the end it doesn’t matter how good your beard is, it just matters that try…BECAUSE IT’S THE CUP!
- The top U.S. commander In Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›