1. 1980: Ken Morrow, New York Islanders
Many say that the playoff beard tradition started in 1980. Denis Potvin, of the Islanders, said it came organically. The team would “play four games in five nights in the first round and it was just something that kind of happened.”
11. 2009: Maxime Talbot of the Pittsburgh Penguins proves that the lack of beard isn’t a team problem
In the end it doesn’t matter how good your beard is, it just matters that try…BECAUSE IT’S THE CUP!
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.