1. Turn an old umbrella into something delightfully batty!
2. Turn a cardboard box into a croc. (And not the shoes!)
3. If you’ve got a clear umbrella, be a jellyfish!
Get some inspiration here.
4. What does the fox say? (“Recycle your cardboard!”)
And then you can be a fox. Detailed pictures of the mask-making process here.
5. Want to be an owl? Hedwig, perhaps? Get creative with some felt!
Instructions on how to craft the wings here.
6. Hoodies can be turned into excellent dinosaur costumes.
If you’re too lazy to sew, you can buy one here.
7. Got a paper bag “lion” around? You can be a lion!
Learn how to make a paper bag lion and other animals at Wee Society.
8. Cut out some cardboard and spray paint it silver, and you can be a hammerhead shark!
If you want a clever pop culture reference, find a way to be a tornado too.
9. If you have clothespins lying around, you could easily be a hedgehog!
Find an oversized brown shirt and place clothespins all over your back. Ta-da! You’re now one of the internet’s favorite animals.
10. If you’re good with makeup, try being a zebra!
You can watch a tutorial on how to make zebra stripes here.
11. Got a knack for knitting and an extra pillow? A pig is what you can be!
Here’s a pattern for a baby, but you could change it for an adult-sized head.
12. If you want to try a group costume, try being a camel!
Find a big brown sheet to cover two of your friends, but don’t forget the eyeholes!