1. On May 20th in Dubuque, Iowa, police were alerted by concerned passersby to a miniature zebra and a macaw locked in a pickup truck sitting in the parking lot of the Dog House Bar and Lounge.
The unnamed members of the mobile menagerie from the night in question.
2. Police arrived as the truck was pulling out of the parking lot, driven by 55-year-old Jerald Reiter. The zebra and macaw were still in the cabin.
Jerald Reiter’s mugshot.
3. Reiter says he did not intend to leave his companions in the truck, as the Dog House had previously allowed the animals entrance. However, the Dog House declined admission that evening as they were serving food.
Jerald Reiter’s wife, Vickey Teter, is seen during happier times with the baby zebra and macaw.
4. Reiter subsequently failed a field sobriety test. He had a .148 blood alcohol level. The legal limit in Iowa is .08. He was released from the Dubuque County Jail on May 21st.
But no, it’s sad.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.