Scott Ostrom cups his hand over his mouth as he tries to calm a panic attack at his apartment in Boulder, Colorado. Scott says it’s been hard to find meaning in his life since 2007, when he was honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps.
Scott looks over his military service records and weeps after being told his apartment application had been turned down. The leasing manager said he couldn’t allow Scott to move in because of an assault charge on his background check. Though Scott had his honorable discharge papers and his good-conduct medal, Scott said they meant nothing. ‘I’m not a criminal. You would think this would be worth something. It should be. It’s not, though.’
See the rest of these amazing photos here.
4. And Here Is Scott Ostram Today, Celebrating With Craig Walker As News Of The Pulitzer Prize Is Announced
Scott Ostrom watches as Denver Post staff photographer Craig F. Walker reacts to winning his second Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography on Monday, April 16, 2012, in Denver. Walker’s story on veteran Scott Ostrom’s battle with PTSD has been widely regarded since its publication on the Denver Post’s MediaCenter in December 2011.
Craig F. Walker hugs Scott Ostrom.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.