1. That’s Emily Dickinson On The Left, Her Close Friend/Possible Lover, Kate Scott Turner, On The Right
This photo released Friday, Sept. 7, 2012 by Amherst College Archives and Special Collections, and the Emily Dickinson Museum, in Amherst, Mass., shows a copy of a circa 1860 daguerreotype purported to show a 30-year-old Emily Dickinson, left, with her friend Kate Scott Turner. The image was displayed during the August, 2012 Emily Dickinson International Society conference held at at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
2. And Here’s The Only Other Known Photo Of Dickinson, Taken In 1847 When She Was A Teenager
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.