1. That’s Emily Dickinson On The Left, Her Close Friend/Possible Lover, Kate Scott Turner, On The Right
This photo released Friday, Sept. 7, 2012 by Amherst College Archives and Special Collections, and the Emily Dickinson Museum, in Amherst, Mass., shows a copy of a circa 1860 daguerreotype purported to show a 30-year-old Emily Dickinson, left, with her friend Kate Scott Turner. The image was displayed during the August, 2012 Emily Dickinson International Society conference held at at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
2. And Here’s The Only Other Known Photo Of Dickinson, Taken In 1847 When She Was A Teenager
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.