1. That’s Emily Dickinson On The Left, Her Close Friend/Possible Lover, Kate Scott Turner, On The Right
This photo released Friday, Sept. 7, 2012 by Amherst College Archives and Special Collections, and the Emily Dickinson Museum, in Amherst, Mass., shows a copy of a circa 1860 daguerreotype purported to show a 30-year-old Emily Dickinson, left, with her friend Kate Scott Turner. The image was displayed during the August, 2012 Emily Dickinson International Society conference held at at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
2. And Here’s The Only Other Known Photo Of Dickinson, Taken In 1847 When She Was A Teenager
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?