1. That’s Emily Dickinson On The Left, Her Close Friend/Possible Lover, Kate Scott Turner, On The Right
This photo released Friday, Sept. 7, 2012 by Amherst College Archives and Special Collections, and the Emily Dickinson Museum, in Amherst, Mass., shows a copy of a circa 1860 daguerreotype purported to show a 30-year-old Emily Dickinson, left, with her friend Kate Scott Turner. The image was displayed during the August, 2012 Emily Dickinson International Society conference held at at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
2. And Here’s The Only Other Known Photo Of Dickinson, Taken In 1847 When She Was A Teenager
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›