© John Springer Collection/CORBIS
2. The Theme To “The Andy Griffith Show,” Which Ran From 1960 To 1968
3. The Theme From “Matlock,” Which Ran From 1986 To 1995
4. The Trailer For 1957’s “A Face In The Crowd,” Griffith’s Big Screen Debut, A Dramatic Role For A Man Best Remembered For Comedy
U.S. President George W. Bush ® presents his Presidential Medal of Freedom to actor Andy Griffith at a ceremony in the East Room of the White House in Washington, November 9, 2005.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.