Looove love love living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
This is like the science version of all those religious fanatics claiming the world is going to end. It’s easy to freak out about weather patterns when there’s only been maybe 200 years of recorded weather history. The idea that there is some ideal weather that every geographic location should permanently maintain is absurd. That’s human arrogance.
“The idea that there is some ideal weather that every geographic location should permanently maintain is absurd. That’s human arrogance.” Actually, the idea that every geographic location has certain weather patterns that remain consistent over the years - changing only gradually over centuries - is universally accepted in science. It’s called “climate.” Fucking science, how does it work?
Here, deniers, I wrote a handy cheat sheet so you can remember how you express your “skepticism” of human-caused global warming. This list is seven years old now, but it’s still working just as well as ever! Enjoy. THE RULES 1. Climate change isn’t occurring.
2. The people who say it is occurring are only in it for the money.
3. Even if it really is occurring, it’s not our fault.
4. Anyway, there’s nothing we can do about it.
5. If it is occurring, and it is our fault, and there is something we can do about it, doing so would wreck our economy.
6. In fact that’s the point of all this so-called climate science, it’s actually a liberal plot to destroy America! Damn those omnipotent liberals!
7. Al Gore said he invented the internet; therefore climate change is not real. Q.E.D.
8. We need to study this subject more before we take any action.
9. Hey, it’ll be a good thing! Yeah, that’s the ticket….
10. Remember: it’s controversial!!! Select one or several. Repeat as needed. As long as no positive action is taken, success has been achieved.