1. Frank Medrano’s bodyweight workouts.
Frank Medrano’s calisthenics workouts are just insane. The amount of strength required for some of his inventive maneuvers is… well, you need to see it to believe it.
2. Dean Karnazes’ 350-mile nonstop, no-sleep run.
…which he completed in 80 hours and 44 minutes. The ultra marathoner has also completed a 50/50/50 challenge: 50 marathons across all 50 states in 50 consecutive days.
3. Oksana Grishina’s athletic flexibility.
This gymnast-turned-fitness-competitor showcases a unique combination of brawn and grace.
4. Joshua Rucker’s wheelchair bar work.
This professional wheelchair bodybuilder has a powerful backstory that exhibits an entirely different form of strength.
5. Mariusz Pudzianowski’s five World’s Strongest Man titles.
“Python’s” personal records sit at 640 lbs. on the bench press, 859 lbs. squat, and 947 lbs. deadlift. He retired from strongman competitions to pursue a fighting career in mixed martial arts.
6. John Holtum’s cannonball catch.
In the 1870s, John Holtum perfected a cannonball catch. An assistant would fire a regulation cannon situated across the stage from the Danish strongman, and he would catch the ball. Apparently, he lost a few fingers before perfecting the stunt.
7. Dominique Pegg’s arm strength.
Pound for pound, gymnasts have got to be the strongest athletes in the world.
8. Troy McCray’s 44-inch vertical leap.
McCray doesn’t let his 5-foot-9-inch standing height impede him from massive jams.
9. Angus MacAskill’s 2,500-pound anchor carry.
A natural 7-foot-9-inch giant (meaning he had no abnormal growth disorder), MacAskill was the largest and strongest human to ever walk the earth. He weighed over 500 pounds and accomplished many amazing feats of strength over his lifetime, without ever trying very hard.
10. Sakinat Khanapiyeva’s unbelievable feats of grandmotherly strength.
Looks can be deceiving. This 76-year-old grandmother can rip phonebooks in half and bend horseshoes. She discovered her strength at the age of 10, when she moved a 661-pound container of grain. Watch a video of her exploits here