2. Meet The Parents = Getting Into A Cold One
Brazilian Title: Entrando Numa Fria
(This phrase is frequently used when you’re walking into a tough/unpleasant/tricky situation. So I get it, but…)
Should Have Been: Reunir Os Pais, which is the literal translation… Or even something a bit looser like Conhecendo Os Sogros a.k.a. meeting the in-laws.
6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall = A Nice Pair Of… Roller Skates
Portuguese Title: Um Belo Par de…Patins
(Please tell me where there are roller skates involved in any part of any scene of this movie??)
Should Have Been: Tentando Esquecer A Sarah Marshall… a.k.a. “trying to forget Sarah Marshall.” Come on, guys.
9. Because I Said So = My Mom Wants Me To Get Married
Brazilian Title: Minha Mãe Quer Que Eu Case
(Yes, that’s pretty much the plot of the movie; but still…)
Should Have Been: “Porque Eu Já Diz E Pronto” a.k.a. “Because I Already Said It And That’s It”… this is a common phrase used in Portuguese and people would have got it. Trust.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.