1. First off, Brazilians are the happiest people on the planet.
LatinEuro.com, a popular international dating site with 100,000’s of users, conducted a visually-based study of their members’ photos to conclude who the happiest people on earth are; Brazilians won.
2. “The Girl From Ipanema” was the first Bossa Nova song to become a worldwide hit in the ’60s; it won a Grammy for the record of the year in 1965.
It’s also the second most re-recorded song in the history of music everywhere. It eventually went on to be sung by greats such as Frank Sinatra and Dionne Warwick.
3. Brazil has the most booming economy in all of Latin America, and it’s still GROWING.
4. It is the mother country of football.
Fifa World Cup championship, 1958.
Their national team won two world cups… in a row.
Fifa World Cup, 1962.
Then there was a third…
FIFA World Cup, 1970.
And a fourth, because they are a sports force to be reckoned with…
FIFA World Cup, 1994.
And a fifth because…
FIFA World Cup, 2002.
5. Wait, Brazil has won more FIFA World Cup championships than any other country in the history of FIFA World Cups.
6. Also, it’s one of the most diverse countries on planet Earth.
You’re a beautiful mix of European, African, Asian, and indigenous influences.
7. Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist has been translated into 56 languages and has sold over 45 million copies worldwide.
8. The longest beach in the world belongs to Brazil.
It’s called Praia do Cassino, and it’s over 250 KM long.
9. Oscar Niemeyer, the architect who gave Brasília it’s flair, is considered to be one of the founding figures of modern architecture.
He also helped design the UN Headquarters in New York City.
10. Brazil has more animal and plant species than any other country.
… Around 4 million. Here: a Brazilian tapir, squirrel-monkey, and ocelot.