“I hate reading fallacious crap like this…Also, everything isapoison if you ingest enough of it, even water.”
Ihate reading simplistic, dismissive, low-brow crap like this. Bromine (and brominated flame retardants) are known toxins, and water is regarded by most reasonable people as non-toxic. Sure, if you ingest massive amounts of water, it will kill you. It only takesaminuscule amount to suffer adverse effects from bromine. The LD50 (median lethal dose) for water is 90,000 mg/kg. For bromine, it’s considerably less: 2600 mg/kg. But that only addresses acute toxicity (i.e., the adverse effects ofasingle exposure, or repeated exposures withinashort period). It doesn’t address chronic toxicity (i.e., the adverse effects of prolonged or repeated exposure at lower levels overalonger period of time). It should be obvious that the chronic toxicity of water (or vinegar) is nil. That’s not the case for bromine — or more specifically, brominated flame retardants. In fact, there’s concern about the safety of these compounds as flame retardants — let alone food additives. But by all means, takeastand against the organic food industrial complex, and feel free to haveasip,asniff, or clean your shirts or drains with this.