1. Ernest Hemingway, legendary American author and journalist.
Should we talk about how much he looks like a young Tom Cruise? Is Tom Cruise a time-traveling young Ernest Hemingway? Oh my.
2. Anton Chekov, Russian physician.
The only scientist we know of who was hot enough to pull off wearing curtain tie-backs as a cravat.
3. Benjamin Piatt Runkle, the founder of the Sigma Chi fraternity.
If he looks concerned here it’s because he just heard the party ran out of red cups. Whatever shall we do?
4. Alexander Muir, Canadian songwriter.
That tussled hair, that dreamy look in his eye…we are ready for our serenade!
5. Corp. Nailer, American civil war general.
Is that ammunition in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
6. Louis Lingg, German anarchist and general bad dude.
Bad boys always sizzle, even in the 1800s.
7. Johannes Brahms, prolific composer and pianist.
That steely look alone is enough to inspire a symphony of swoons.
8. Teddy Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.
So he looks like an extra from Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop” - so what? All that fringe is straight up presidential.
9. Robert Cornelius, American photography pioneer.
Artsy and handsome? Oh hi.
10. Thomas E. Noell, U.S. congressman.
Never has a congressman looked so disarmingly snuggly.
11. Ichabod Crane, career military officer.
Ew. Guess they can’t all be winners.
Thankfully, sometimes fiction is way better than fact. Catch Tom Mison as a (super hot) Ichabod Crane in FOX’s new series Sleepy Hollow, premiering Monday, September 16 at 9/8c.
Did we miss any majorly hot historical figures? Tell us in the comments below!