2. It should coat and cling to a chip in a way that’s foul yet glorious.
3. Here’s what you’ll need to get there:
Green chile, chopped
Tomato, seeded and finely chopped
Monterey Jack cheese
(And if you want the picked jalapenos, you’ll need peppers and vinegar, too.)
Get the full recipe at Food52
4. Step 1: Melt butter in a pan, then add onion, green chile, tomato, turmeric, paprika and cayenne pepper.
5. Step 2: Once the onions get really soft, add more butter, flour, cream, buttermilk, and cheese.
6. Step 3: Let it cook 10 minutes, then put it in a blender til smooth. Stream in some olive oil while the blender is running.
7. Optional step: Quick pickle some jalapenos
Mix 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup water, and 1/4 cup vinegar in a bowl. Heat in the microwave until the salt dissolves. Slice 1 or 2 jalapeno into rounds, and add to the brine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
8. Step 4: Put all of the cheese in your mouth.
9. More delicious snacks meant to be consumed in honor of athletes on your TV:
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›