2. It should coat and cling to a chip in a way that’s foul yet glorious.
3. Here’s what you’ll need to get there:
Green chile, chopped
Tomato, seeded and finely chopped
Monterey Jack cheese
(And if you want the picked jalapenos, you’ll need peppers and vinegar, too.)
Get the full recipe at Food52
4. Step 1: Melt butter in a pan, then add onion, green chile, tomato, turmeric, paprika and cayenne pepper.
5. Step 2: Once the onions get really soft, add more butter, flour, cream, buttermilk, and cheese.
6. Step 3: Let it cook 10 minutes, then put it in a blender til smooth. Stream in some olive oil while the blender is running.
7. Optional step: Quick pickle some jalapenos
Mix 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup water, and 1/4 cup vinegar in a bowl. Heat in the microwave until the salt dissolves. Slice 1 or 2 jalapeno into rounds, and add to the brine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.