1. Pull yourself away from the bucket of Halloween candy for a minute.
2. Wouldn’t you rather have some truly delicious treats that don’t leave you feeling empty inside?
Yes! So you’re about to whip up a batch of creamy, melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter cups all on your own. Get the full recipe at Food52.
3. Step 1: Assemble ingredients.
1 cup of creamy unsalted peanut butter
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt (or more, to taste)
32 ounces of high-quality chocolate (use milk chocolate if you really want to mimic the classic flavor)
4. Step 2: Mix together peanut butter, butter, sugars, and salt in a bowl. Taste, then add more salt if needed.
5. Step 3: Chop up the chocolate, melt it, save half out, and pour the rest in your mini wrappers.
Then, toss those babies in the freezer to set up for a while.
6. Step 4: After chilling the chocolate in a freezer, take it out and heap some peanut butter on top of it.
7. Step 5: Add that chocolate you saved out right on top of the peanut butter, and toss the cups back into the freezer for a few minutes.
Sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt, and chow down!