1. Everyone knows how frustrating it can be to eat pomegranate.
So many seeds. So much mess. So little eating.
2. But it’s absolutely worth it once you know how to seed one.
3. And, more importantly, the 7 best recipes to use it in:
4. Triple Pomegranate Smoothie
Three times the pomegranate, three times the goodness.
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
4 large mint leaves, plus more to garnish
1 tablespoon pomegranate arils, for garnish
Blend blueberries, yogurt, pomegranate juice, pomegranate molasses and mint together using a standing blender or stick blender. Add more juice or frozen fruit, if needed, to reach your desired consistency. Garnish with mint leaves and arils.
5. Smoked Ham with Pomegranate Molasses, Black Pepper, and Mustard Glaze
6. Spiced Pomegranate and Orange Caramels
Spiced and salted. Sweet and tangy. Are there even any other relevant flavors? Get the recipe on Food52.
7. Arugula, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Mellow pears, salty goat cheese, crunchy pomegranate seeds and toasted pistachios. This is the salad to end all salads. Get the recipe on Food52.
8. Pomegranate Roasted Carrots
Golden brown, sticky, sweet, and spicy. Get the recipe on Food52.
9. Honey-Pomegranate Mulled Wine
Officially the best way to avoid the winter blues. Get the recipe on Food52.
10. Chocolate Pomegranate Truffles
Roll them in chopped pistachios or just eat them plain. Either way, they won’t last long. Get the recipe on Food52.
We've got your WKND covered.
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- Pope Francis has opened a three-week synod where bishops will discuss family issues. This comes a day after the Vatican fired a high-ranking priest who came out as gay. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›