1. Mango Soup
3 ripe mangos
1 seven-ounce container of plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoons mint leaves
1/2 Serrano pepper, minced
Slice the mangos in half around the large pit in the middle. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Put the flesh in the blender.
Add all the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend like crazy.
Chill for at least an hour before serving (or overnight — if you can wait that long!).
2. White Gazpacho with Cantaloupe
Do not turn on your oven. Do not reach for the broth. Gather together the elements of a salad, and then take a sharp turn and pull out your blender. Get the full recipe at Food52.
3. Chilled Tomato Peach Soup
A grown-up version of canned Campbell’s tomato soup — and just as good with a grilled cheese sandwich. Get the full recipe on Food52.
4. Yogurt Soup with Cucumbers and Walnuts
When you’re too hot to cook and too hot to eat, it’s time for yogurt soup. Get the full recipe on Food52.
5. Strawberry Gazpacho
Anything can be turned into gazpacho, even strawberries. Get the full recipe at Food52.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›