1. Mango Soup
3 ripe mangos
1 seven-ounce container of plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoons mint leaves
1/2 Serrano pepper, minced
Slice the mangos in half around the large pit in the middle. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Put the flesh in the blender.
Add all the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend like crazy.
Chill for at least an hour before serving (or overnight — if you can wait that long!).
2. White Gazpacho with Cantaloupe
Do not turn on your oven. Do not reach for the broth. Gather together the elements of a salad, and then take a sharp turn and pull out your blender. Get the full recipe at Food52.
3. Chilled Tomato Peach Soup
A grown-up version of canned Campbell’s tomato soup — and just as good with a grilled cheese sandwich. Get the full recipe on Food52.
4. Yogurt Soup with Cucumbers and Walnuts
When you’re too hot to cook and too hot to eat, it’s time for yogurt soup. Get the full recipe on Food52.
5. Strawberry Gazpacho
Anything can be turned into gazpacho, even strawberries. Get the full recipe at Food52.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️