1. Easiest No-Knead Bread
No kneading, and all the sandwiches and toast you could ever want. Get ready to carb load.
Makes 2 loaves
3 1/4 cups bread flour
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons instant or active dry yeast
1 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
3 cups water
1. Combine flours, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Add water and stir together with a wooden spoon to form a shaggy dough. Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel and let proof at room temperature for around 5 hours. At this point the dough can be used immediately, or covered with plastic wrap and kept in the fridge for up to two weeks.
2. On baking day, remove half of the dough from the bowl and return the remainder to the fridge. Turn the dough out on a floured surface and lightly knead 3–4 times. Shape dough into a rectangle approximately 8 in. x 12 in. Fold one third of the dough into the center, followed by the other third.
3. Place seam side-down in a buttered loaf pan. Cover and let rise for approximately 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Preheat your oven to 450°. Dust the top of the dough with a little flour and score with a serrated knife. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the top of the loaf has just begun to brown. Let cool for at least an hour before slicing.
2. Homemade Nutella
Yes. Dreams do come true. Get the recipe on Food52.
Make everything you eat seem a little bit fancier. Get the recipe on Food52.
4. DIY Nut Butters
Yea, we aren’t trying to spend $16 on a jar of almond butter either. Get the recipe on Food52.
5. A Big Batch of Salad Dressing
6. Homemade Sriracha
Because you would literally eat your own hand if you put enough Sriracha on it. Get the recipe on Food52.
7. Homemade Stock
Having homemade chicken or vegetable stock on hand will change the way you do winter, guaranteed. Learn how on Food52.
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›