1. The day this orphaned kitten pushed his stepbrother around in a tiny, kitten-sized shopping cart
2. The dual, simultaneous, equiversal kisses planted on this lucky otter by his two best friends.
3. Four legendary birthday parties for, respectively, a stoned dog, two chinchillas, an existential cat, and Ludwig the elephant.
5. The day this kid and his cat decided to plot their escape together …
6. The smiling seal who welcomed a honeymooning couple to the Galapagos.
7. And the meerkat who fell in love with a stuffed meerkat of himself.
8. The fateful day when Boo the pomeranian hid inside a pile of Boos and then fell asleep.
9. The baby elephant who spent a day at the beach and had the time of her life.
10. The letter this kid wrote to Professor Dumbledore (SPOILERS!)
11. The cute but tragic but, let’s be honest, more cute than tragic Panda Slide Accident of 2008.
12. And the inspiring act of panda altruism that suddenly made everything OK again.
13. And then also the time that this panda thing happened.
14. The people who rescued a sheep from a flood in a kayak.
15. The little girl who saved a baby lamb from a volcano in Iceland.
What is it with ovines in distress these days?
16. And the sheep who celebrated via frolicking.
17. That time when all the cats decided to imitate all the babies and totally nailed it.
18. The photobooth proposal that totally worked.
“These are the pictures from when we got engaged. I have no idea in frames one and two and am really confused in frame three (lets never make that face again!) and really surprised in frame four.”
20. The basset hounds who won that race where two basset hounds RACE RIGHT INTO YOUR HEART.
23. Or the pug who pushed her toy baby pugs around in a stroller. With a parasol.
And then settled down to watch a piece about herself on the local news. It goes without saying that this was a great day for big pugs, little pugs, strollers, and parasols alike. Possibly one of the greatest.
24. Or (for God’s sake) the seeing-eye pug who helps her blind pug friend get around.
The blind pug, Elly, is on the right. Her sighted pug friend Franky is always at her side to make sure she doesn’t get lost.
25. And also while we are on the “seeing-eye” topic, let’s talk just real quicklike about this seeing-eye cat who see-eyes for a labrador out of the great and glorious goodness of her heart.
26. Then there was the time we all learned what happens when you burn someone’s feelings.
The story behind this note is that the long-suffering father who received it had postponed a beach trip with his 8-year-old daughter until he could finish watching the football game.
27. And the time a possum broke into a bakery and ate so many danishes that he couldn’t leave.
29. There was a partially paralyzed kanagaroo who became a therapy animal for an Oklahoma woman suffering from depression.
After a stroke, and a debilitating depression, and an attempted suicide, Christie Carr found new meaning volunteering at a wildlife refuge, where she met Irwin, a five-month-old kangaroo who had partially paralyzed himself after hopping into a fence.
The town of Broken Arrow unanimously voted to create an exemption to their exotic animals ordinance so that the inseparable Carr and Irwin could continue their lives together.
34. The threatening letter to the Tooth Fairy.
35. The family portrait that went horribly, horribly wrong.
37. One awesome toy company decided to make children’s drawings into weird plush toys.
38. And four awesome cats got all dressed up in four awesome sweaters.
41. This little girl struck a pose for her mom in Shanghai.
43. And this dog was comforted by his person during a trip to the vet.
44. Then there was the mouse who climbed to the summit of a dandelion just because it was there.
45. The flower girl who had a lousy day at the Royal Wedding.
47. The dog who got older but who - what I am trying to say is that the important point of this story is that HE IS BEST FRIENDS WITH A CHEETAH.
Sorry, parallel structure fail.
48. The cat who always waits for her dog best friend to pick her up for their daily stroll.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›