1. They are lurking at the corners of your awareness, like an unsettling memory or a bad dream.
2. They are studying you, noting your weaknesses, marking your fears and insecurities, seeing each flaw as an opportunity.
3. And they are studying their craft. Preparing their minds and bodies to harness the terrible kinetic energy that is building inside them like a tempest.
5. And they have all the time in the world.
8. And the very days of your life are tinder for the conflagration that they will summon around you in a gust of rage and fury.
17. Waiting to unleash the unholy maelstrom of their anger on the false calm of your worthless existence.
20. Be ready.
21. Be wary.
22. Be afraid.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›