1. They are lurking at the corners of your awareness, like an unsettling memory or a bad dream.
2. They are studying you, noting your weaknesses, marking your fears and insecurities, seeing each flaw as an opportunity.
3. And they are studying their craft. Preparing their minds and bodies to harness the terrible kinetic energy that is building inside them like a tempest.
4. They are waiting. Ever. So. Patiently. For you to slip up.
5. And they have all the time in the world.
8. And the very days of your life are tinder for the conflagration that they will summon around you in a gust of rage and fury.
11. Because they are hidden in plain sight.
12. Stashed, like deadly weapons, where you least expect them.
13. Perfectly camouflaged in the dark corners of your life.
15. Nursing their bitter jealousy and their madness.
17. Waiting to unleash the unholy maelstrom of their anger on the false calm of your worthless existence.
20. Be ready.
21. Be wary.
22. Be afraid.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›