1. Do you make any money doing that?
Of course not. Why are you reminding me?
2. When does your book come out?
Maybe never? I haven’t even found an agent yet!
3. Oh, I have a great story for you…
You could write it yourself…but no, now you’re going to tell me about it.
4. You should write about me!
Will do, Old Sport, will do.
5. Cool. You know, J.K. Rowling is a millionaire.
Yes, I know! But I’m not exactly there yet.
6. What’s your novel about?
It’s um… Well, it makes sense in my head.
7. You have your MFA? What’s that do?
A Master of Fine Arts. It helped teach me to write and drained all my savings and…never mind.
8. Have you ever considered being a journalist?
No…That’s not the type of writing I do, OK?
9. But what’s your real job?
WRITING IS A REAL JOB!
10. Really? Nobody reads books anymore.
NOOOOO! Don’t tell me that!!
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›