No good conspiracy theory can be built without a solid foundation. And the bricks really start to pile up here.
1. Back in 2007, Kanye referenced OJ’s bloody glove in “Stronger.”
Have a listen: “You know how long I’ve been on ya?/ Since Prince was on Apollonia/ Since O.J. had isotoners/ Don’t act like I never told ya.”
Okay… We won’t act like you never told us, Kanye.
And on his newest album, “Yeezus,” Kanye steps up his OJ game- referencing him… TWICE.
2. The first time, in “On Sight,” he namedrops Johnnie Cochran, OJ’s lawyer.
It’s right there. “And I know she like chocolate men/ She got more n*ggas off than Cochran, huh?”
3. The second time, Agent Sasco is featured and sings about OJ’s beating murder charges in “I’m in it.”
Couldn’t be more clear than this: “We gon’ smile ‘pon court day/ Because we beat murder charges like O.J..”
So Kanye directly references OJ in three tracks. Telling, but not enough to round out “facts.” For that, Kanye would have to say something like this at VH1 Storytellers:
4. “O.J. Simpson, amazing. Is he not? What he did, when he did, what he did. Was he not amazing though?” - Kanye West
So there we have it. Kanye is enamored with OJ. But… How enamored is he? To what lengths would Kanye go to associate himself with OJ? So begins the theorizing!
Once you have the facts down, you really start to wonder about some other interesting details… For example:
5. Would Kanye be interested enough in OJ to feature Anna Nicole Smith in the “New Workout Plan” video, just because…
… SHE STARRED IN OJ’S FINAL MOVIE, NAKED GUN 33 1/3!
6. Would Kanye be interested enough in OJ to reference the movie “Any Given Sunday” in “Gold Digger” just because…
IT WAS BASED ON A BOOK BY DR. ROBERT HUIZENGA, A MEDICAL EXPERT IN THE OJ TRIAL!
In “Gold Digger,” Kanye raps: “You will see him on TV any given Sunday/ Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai.”
Oliver Stone’s Any Given Sunday is based off of “You’re OK, It’s Just a Bruise—A Doctor’s Sideline Secrets about Pro-Football’s Most Outrageous Team,” by Dr. Robert Huizenga, medical expert in the OJ Simpson trial.
7. And would Kanye be interested enough in OJ to the name his hit single “Love Lockdown” just because…
THE NAME OF THE PRISON OJ WAS LATER SENTENCED TO WAS THE LOVELOCK CORRECTIONAL CENTER!
And bonus points for changing “lock” to “lockdown” aka prison.
He might! He might do all those things. But would Kanye let his OJ love fuel major life decisions?
Now that we’ve seen the connections run DEEP, we might be able to answer some other major questions, like:
Hear us out. Remember, as recently as December, no one could figure out why Kanye was with Kim.
“Especially if he wants to be taken seriously” -??? That’s pretty much the one thing Kanye wants more than anything.
By the way, the article doesn’t get nicer.
So why is Kanye with Kim?
What if… WHAT IF… Kanye is interested less in Kim and more in Kardashian, as in… KIM’S FATHER ROBERT KARDASHIAN - OJ’S OTHER LAWYER!?
And his involvement might have been more than just legal advice.
9. And there’s one final mystery we may have solved as well…WHY DID KIM AND KANYE NAME THEIR BABY “NORTH?”
A source says the reason is “North is the most high. There is nothing higher than North.”
Like we’re going to believe that.
Hmm… Why North? Just GUESS what direction… THE OJ CHASE WENT!
Yup, OJ’s Ford Bronco drove north on the 405.