1. The first step to cooking like a man is reminding yourself that you’re an Adonis in the kitchen.
Just the fact that you are manly enough to don an apron and pull it off as well as you do, makes you the envy of every man whose idea of cooking starts and ends with a take-out menu.
2. You look like a boss while you garden your own greens (like Mark Ruffalo)…
Real men sow their seeds, in more ways than one.
3. Fish your own fish (like Nick Offerman)…
For extra man-points use a spear you fashioned out of branches and shark teeth you collected yourself instead of those dainty fishing rods.
4. And of course, hunt your own game (like Charlton Heston).
5. Now that you’ve out-powered you prey…be your own butcher.
Do you have another man cut up and chew your food for you? We think not! Then why have another man do your butchery you big ninny?!
6. Before you fire up the skillet, remember that knowledge is power!
Women find smart men sexy. There is nothing wrong with owning a couple of cook books and knowing the difference between sweet potatoes and yams. Flex that brain!
7. And your culinary skills deem you a first class expert on the finer things in life.
8. Not a single flavor can escape your refined manly palate.
9. And therefore you’ve discovered food combinations that the rest of the world is not manly enough to appreciate.
10. You know what goes great with being a man who knows his way around food? Being a man who knows his way around alcohol!
11. You can even call yourself a “Sommelier,” instantly making you the most sophisticated man in the room.
12. You are a man of culinary excellence and are the best at what you do!
Mark your territory, it’s basic animal instinct! Pick one specialty, make it your own, and make sure everybody knows that it’s your turf!
13. Now that you’re a walking encyclopedia of culinary knowledge, it’s time to get in the arena.
The kitchen is your arena and you are both the bull and the matador.