1. Hugh Jackman’s hotness (and talent) got him nominated for Best Actor in his role as Jean Valjean in “Les Misérables.”
2. And here’s the terrifyingly hot Christoph Waltz, nominated for Best Supporting Actor for “Django Unchained.”
3. Benh Zeitlin snagged two nominations for Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay for “Beasts of the Southern Wild.”
4. And David O. Russell is nom’d in the exact categories as Benh, but for “Silver Linings Playbook.”
Geek chic at its finest!
5. Double hotties Howard Gertler and David France are nominated for Best Documentary Feature with “How To Survive A Plague.”
6. As is filmmaker Kirby Dick for his documentary feature, “The Invisible War.”
7. Here’s another hot Best Documentary Feature nominee: Malik Bendjelloul of “Searching for Sugar Man.”
8. Have you seen the animated short film “Paperman”? Well, you should, because it’s nom’d for an Oscar and was created by this hot ginger, John Kahrs.
9. While you’re at it, go watch “Adam and Dog” by this hottie, Minkyu Lee, also nom’d for Best Animated Short Film.
10. Bearded hottie Ariel Nasr’s “Buzkashi Boys” is nominated for Best Live Action Short Film
11. Shawn Christensen’s also a Best Live Action Short Film nominee for “Curfew.”
We’d stay out past curfew for Shawn, no question. (Call us, Shawn!)
12. As is Dutch filmmaker Tom Van Avermaet, for his film, “Death of a Shadow (Dood van een Schaduw).”
How do you say, “I like you,” in Dutch?
13. Yan England’s another hottie of the Best Live Action Short Film variety for “Henry.” Yan yummy.
14. Behold silver fox John Gatins, who’s Oscar nominated for his original screenplay, “Flight.”
15. And Wes Anderson also made the cut for Best Original Screenplay with “Moonrise Kingdom.”
16. Here’s another hot writer, Mark Boal, nominated in the same category for “Zero Dark Thirty.”
17. Denzel Washington’s not only nom’d for Best Actor for “Flight,” but he plays a pilot in the film, which is even hotter.
18. Will Daniel Day-Lewis and his sexy pirate tats win the award for Best Actor in “Lincoln”?
Time will tell, friends.
19. Joaquin Phoenix got hotter when he was nominated for Best Actor for “The Master.”
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.