1. Hugh Jackman’s hotness (and talent) got him nominated for Best Actor in his role as Jean Valjean in “Les Misérables.”
2. And here’s the terrifyingly hot Christoph Waltz, nominated for Best Supporting Actor for “Django Unchained.”
3. Benh Zeitlin snagged two nominations for Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay for “Beasts of the Southern Wild.”
4. And David O. Russell is nom’d in the exact categories as Benh, but for “Silver Linings Playbook.”
Geek chic at its finest!
5. Double hotties Howard Gertler and David France are nominated for Best Documentary Feature with “How To Survive A Plague.”
6. As is filmmaker Kirby Dick for his documentary feature, “The Invisible War.”
7. Here’s another hot Best Documentary Feature nominee: Malik Bendjelloul of “Searching for Sugar Man.”
8. Have you seen the animated short film “Paperman”? Well, you should, because it’s nom’d for an Oscar and was created by this hot ginger, John Kahrs.
9. While you’re at it, go watch “Adam and Dog” by this hottie, Minkyu Lee, also nom’d for Best Animated Short Film.
10. Bearded hottie Ariel Nasr’s “Buzkashi Boys” is nominated for Best Live Action Short Film
11. Shawn Christensen’s also a Best Live Action Short Film nominee for “Curfew.”
We’d stay out past curfew for Shawn, no question. (Call us, Shawn!)
12. As is Dutch filmmaker Tom Van Avermaet, for his film, “Death of a Shadow (Dood van een Schaduw).”
How do you say, “I like you,” in Dutch?
13. Yan England’s another hottie of the Best Live Action Short Film variety for “Henry.” Yan yummy.
14. Behold silver fox John Gatins, who’s Oscar nominated for his original screenplay, “Flight.”
15. And Wes Anderson also made the cut for Best Original Screenplay with “Moonrise Kingdom.”
16. Here’s another hot writer, Mark Boal, nominated in the same category for “Zero Dark Thirty.”
17. Denzel Washington’s not only nom’d for Best Actor for “Flight,” but he plays a pilot in the film, which is even hotter.
18. Will Daniel Day-Lewis and his sexy pirate tats win the award for Best Actor in “Lincoln”?
Time will tell, friends.
19. Joaquin Phoenix got hotter when he was nominated for Best Actor for “The Master.”
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›