1. Your parents have no qualms about bringing up bodily functions at the dinner table.
2. There are books with pictures of organs all over the house …
4. When you or one of your friends have a bruise/cut/throbbing pain, you call your parents first before seeing your own doctor.
5. You’ve grown an appreciation for all corny doctor jokes.
6. You got used to your parents diagnosing your friends without them even asking, and now you kind of do it too.
7. Unless you severed a finger, you never went to the doctor, because the doctor lived in your house.
8. But most things could be fixed with tylenol, or ice. (Or so THE DOCTOR told you.)
9. You’re unfazed by medical shows on TV, because you’ve heard more medical stories than you’d like to remember.
10. You were always sick as a kid, because your parents brought it home from the office.
11. If you decided to follow in your parents’ footsteps, then you were THE CHOSEN CHILD.
12. Because becoming anything other than a doctor was considered a sin.
13. You tried calling your parents at some point while they were on call, and this is the response you got.
14. And when someone was on call, you had to be as quiet as a mouse during every phone call.
16. Because of the insane schedules, your parents didn’t really know what a weekend was.
17. You played doctor as a kid, but you had some real deal toys to do it with.
18. And Take Your Child to Work day was super duper cool.
19. If you broke an arm, or needed any kind of surgery, you had the best doctors and nurses in the area to take care of you.
Because people in medicine definitely take care of their own.
20. Hospitals and doctor’s offices don’t terrify you one bit.
21. Because you spent a lot of time visiting your parents there as a kid.
22. When you went to the hospital for something embarrassing, every doctor and nurse knew exactly who you were.
23. You grew up with free band-aids, rubber gloves, and medicine, and are angered that you need to pay for these things as an adult.
24. Thermometers? No, all your parents had to do was put a hand to your forehead to tell if it was serious.
25. And you were never able to get away with faking sick, BECAUSE YOUR PARENTS KNEW THE TRUTH.
26. You’re always really proud to tell other people what your parents do for a living.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›