1. Your parents have no qualms about bringing up bodily functions at the dinner table.
4. When you or one of your friends have a bruise/cut/throbbing pain, you call your parents first before seeing your own doctor.
6. You got used to your parents diagnosing your friends without them even asking, and now you kind of do it too.
7. Unless you severed a finger, you never went to the doctor, because the doctor lived in your house.
8. But most things could be fixed with tylenol, or ice. (Or so THE DOCTOR told you.)
9. You’re unfazed by medical shows on TV, because you’ve heard more medical stories than you’d like to remember.
10. You were always sick as a kid, because your parents brought it home from the office.
11. If you decided to follow in your parents’ footsteps, then you were THE CHOSEN CHILD.
13. You tried calling your parents at some point while they were on call, and this is the response you got.
14. And when someone was on call, you had to be as quiet as a mouse during every phone call.
16. Because of the insane schedules, your parents didn’t really know what a weekend was.
17. You played doctor as a kid, but you had some real deal toys to do it with.
19. If you broke an arm, or needed any kind of surgery, you had the best doctors and nurses in the area to take care of you.
Because people in medicine definitely take care of their own.
21. Because you spent a lot of time visiting your parents there as a kid.
22. When you went to the hospital for something embarrassing, every doctor and nurse knew exactly who you were.
23. You grew up with free band-aids, rubber gloves, and medicine, and are angered that you need to pay for these things as an adult.
24. Thermometers? No, all your parents had to do was put a hand to your forehead to tell if it was serious.
25. And you were never able to get away with faking sick, BECAUSE YOUR PARENTS KNEW THE TRUTH.
26. You’re always really proud to tell other people what your parents do for a living.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?