1. You’ve had to take so many links out of watches that it isn’t even a watch anymore.
It’s a ring, a very large and heavy ring.
2. People (mostly strangers!) think it’s totally OK to grab your wrist and hold it up to theirs to see how small it is.
4. Or have a wristband tail so long that it’s technically a weapon.
5. Sleeves are never NOT baggy on you.
This? Oh, it’s kind of the coolest thing ever! It’s a new fashion trend called, “I can’t fit into any of this shit.”
6. And “normal sized” jewelry just makes you look like a kid playing dress up.
7. People wrap their fingers around your wrists and say shit like, “LOL, this is ridiculous!”
Yes, we know. IT SURE IS. ::: growls :::
9. Or they hold up things that are comically tiny next to your wrist as a fun reminder.
Seriously, we allllll get it!
10. Bracelets, in general, tend to HANG off of you right before falling off.
If you give me a bracelet as a gift, you’ll never see it again!
11. Or they slide all the way down your arm until it’s no longer a bracelet, but a forearm accessory.
12. The worst is when someone buys you a piece of bling for your wrist and it never, ever fits.
13. But you have to PRETEND to like it, because, well, it was a fucking gift.
Just don’t buy me jewelry! I’m fine with that!
14. And you’ve definitely invested in a wrist brace, because your wrists are ~fragile~.
Sad, but true!
15. Yoga, pushups, and any exercise that depends on your wrists holding you up is a big no no.
16. You’ve bought kids sized jewelry because, well, that’s the closest size to what you have.
17. Objects that are heavy for a person with a normal wrist, are damn near impossible for you to carry.
18. And at some point you’ve been asked, “Do you just break your wrists, like, constantly?”
To be fair… I’ve broken my wrist twice.
19. If you want a wrist tattoo, you have to make it small so that it actually fits on your wrist.
20. Your wrists have this strange superpower to fit into things that wrists aren’t meant to be in.
21. And because of that, they’ve become a bit of a party trick, whether you like it or not.
That’s an onion ring. Your wrist wears it proudly, like a beautiful fried badge of honor.