1. Inviting friends over is sometimes a problem, because shit like this is hanging all over the house.
2. Or worse, there might be a medical book open to reveal something like this:
4. And forget being babied when you actually ARE sick — they don’t put up with that bullshit.
5. There’s definitely a lot of pressure for you to join the “family business.”
Even if you have absolutely NO interest in medicine, that doesn’t matter.
6. They use medical jargon so effortlessly that you’ve actually become immune to being grossed out.
8. Your parents’ sense of humor is…an acquired taste.
9. Scrubs often stay on at all times, just in case they get called in to the hospital.
10. Their medicine cabinet looks like a damn pharmacy exploded.
13. Your reading options have always been extremely specific and extremely boring.
14. Your friends beg you for super-awkward favors, like asking your mom what that weird thing on their toe is.
15. Texts from your parents can be…unsettling. And often from the O.R.
16. You’ve come to rely so heavily on just asking your parent for advice that you often forget to go see a doctor.
17. You’re unintentionally a master of being quiet, because you couldn’t make a sound when your parent was on call.
18. Unless you were bleeding so profusely that they couldn’t sew it up at home, all medical needs took place at the kitchen table.
20. You were constantly being reminded that your problems were not REAL problems.
Know what a real problem is? Saving lives.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are the winners of the Democratic and Republican New Hampshire primaries 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And Twitter is now offering an algorithmic version of its timeline that will prioritize some tweets over others.