It was just announced that a Chinese version of the iconic American show Friends will be launching online in February. But how many similarities will Planet Homebuddies have?
7. Guess who’s writing the theme song for “Planet Homebuddies”…?
That’s right. You have it right. Rembrandt’s own Danny Wilde, who also wrote the iconic song, “I’ll Be There For You,” for Friends.
10. “The lead character Jerry is depressed after breaking up with his girlfriend and losing his advertising business. To get over his misfortune, he decides to rent a large loft with two good friends, Andy, an IT specialist and Sean, a DJ.”
Hmmm…now how do Jerry, Andy and Sean relate to Ross, Chandler and Joey? Our guess is that the DJ will be a Joey-type, the IT guy will be Chandler and the depressed galoof is Ross.
11. “To help Jerry get over his troubles, Andy invites Molly, Jerry’s older sister from Los Angeles, to visit them at the loft. Andy also invites his cousin Bingxue to hang out with them, and add new neighbor Vivian, a self-employed art curator, into
So, OK. Just to refresh your memory: The older sister will be a Monica. Maybe Bingxue will be a Rachel? (But will she have the same “Rachel haircut”?!) And Vivian, the art curator, will be a Phoebe.
12. Yet to-be-seen similarities include whether or not Vivian will revive the “Smelly Cat” song, whether the Joey phrase, “How you doin?!” will come into play and if Molly will be a former fat kid.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates are debating for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.