1. Delicious avocodos
Avocados are loaded with B vitamins, which aid in healthy nerves and brain cells. It’s theorized that a lack of vitamin B can trigger anxiety.
(::: Buys guacamole and is so happy about life :::)
2. Green tea
Even though caffeine can increase anxiety, a study published by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that the amino acid L-theanine, found in green tea, helps the brain produce more seratonin and may reduce anxiety symptoms.
3. And if green tea isn’t your thing, opt for chamomile.
Several studies have found that chamomile soothes the body and reduces anxiety, so drink up!
4. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids
5. Eggs (but how you have them cooked is up to you!)
Another vitamin B-rich food! Studies have shown that eggs can help combat anxiety.
6. Yogurt and other probiotic foods
7. Beef, because it’s rich in vitamin B
There’s a relationship between a lack of B vitamins and mood, so make sure to eat foods rich in B, like beef, leafy greens, and legumes.
8. Whole wheat grains (READ: carbs)
That’s right! Carbohydrates release seratonin, which will boost your mood and reduce anxiety. Just go for the whole wheat, which will take more time to process and release feel good seratonin over a longer period of time.