1. Someone you think is kind of cute will start to poke/message/make virtual eyes that suggest they might be interested.
2. And then they’ll ask you out on a date. You were totally right, as usual.
3. So go ahead and tell your friends the good news: You’re winning at life.
6. Then the big day comes and you’ll spend most of it celebrating how fabulous you are for having a date lined up.
7. Later it will dawn on you: You’re going to meet a total stranger in a few short hours, and all first dates are nerve-racking, but this one especially because you’re excited about it.
10. So have one drink beforehand just to calm your nerves a bit.
11. And if that doesn’t work, then do a shot of something stronger.
12. In spite of all that liquid courage, you might still be a ball of nervous energy.
13. And that is OK. Just try to keep the freakouts to yourself and stare at the table if needed.
15. If they look completely different from their profile photos, it’s perfectly acceptable to do this…
16. But if they look even halfway normal you’re just going to be like this inside…
17. Again, try to keep cool. Be cool. Be cool. Be cool.
19. Because it’s still a blind date and it will be awkward, at some point.
20. For example, they could say something a little creepy.
Or maybe you’re into lying down with cats — who are we to judge!