1. Seth’s admitted that while his grandmother “liked” him, his brother Josh was always her favorite.
Mainly because Josh was a more sophisticated dresser. Or at least that’s what Seth tells himself at night.
2. FYI: This is his brother, Josh Meyers, and to be fair to their grandmother…Josh is a pretty snappy dresser.
3. When Seth and Josh were little, their favorite bedtime story was called “Baked Potato Kids,” which their father made up.
In case you’re curious as to the story of the “Baked Potato Kids,” apparently Seth and Josh served as the superheroes in the story. Pretty cute.
4. Seth lost his virginity in college — and told the girl it was NOT his first time.
In an interview with Elle, Seth said, “I lied to the girl’s face — and told her it was not my first time. … My first time was way late, but not super late. It was college.”
5. Seth’s current girlfriend is human rights lawyer Alexi Ashe, and they’re pretty adorable.
They’ve been dating for several years and live together. So many awwws tinged with jealousy.
6. While in college at Northwestern, Seth was part of an improv group called Mee-Ow.
Also in that troupe was Peter Grosz, who’s written for The Colbert Report.
7. After college, he lived in Amsterdam and performed in a comedy show called “Pick-Ups and Hiccups.”
They performed five nights a week and also traveled to places like London and Edinburgh for shows.
8. That was before he joined the cast of SNL in 2001, and before he became a co-head writer in 2006.
He’s been with the show for 12 years, making his career there one of the longest.
9. Seth has said that Andy Samberg is one of the best friends he’s made while on SNL.
His other BFF? Fred Armisen.
10. Don’t ever challenge Seth to a game of poker, because you will most certainly lose.
He won the third season of Bravo’s Celebrity Poker Showdown. He also donated all of his $100,000 winnings to the Jimmy Fund charity.
11. Other things Seth’s great at? Flossing and using a Q-tip… Not joking.
“I’m a big flosser,” he told Bon Appetit. “The only thing I love more than flossing is Q-tipping. My girlfriend can’t believe how quickly we run out.”
12. Seth owns an Italian greyhound named Frisbee.
And she’s really cute. See for yourself.
13. Some of Seth’s favorite TV shows (other than SNL, of course) are Breaking Bad and The Bachelorette.
As to why he’s a fan of The Bachelorette, Seth’s said, “I can’t believe how emotionally raw it is!”
14. Seth’s pet peeve? Pedestrians who stop in the middle of the street.
“There’s no reason, ever, for a pedestrian to stop at a light,” he told Time Out. “You should just keep triangulating to get closer to where you’re going, and any time you are stopped at a stoplight, it’s foolishness.”
15. Seth loves cheese!
He told Bon Appetit, “I love cheese plates. Though I actually hate cheese plates. Because I can’t say no to them.”
Seth, he’s just like us!
16. He also loves crying.
He confessed to crying after seeing Jersey Boys. Crying “a lot.”
17. But his biggest love of all? The Boston Red Sox.
He’s also got some mad affection for the Boston Celtics, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Northwestern Wildcats, among others.
18. Seth was the keynote speaker at the White House Correspondents’ dinner, and he made this face with Michelle Obama.
Epic. Just epic.
19. You know what else was epic? This photo of Seth with Anna Wintour.
I heard she was asking him about “Weekend Update,” but it can’t be confirmed at this time.
20. And this is the sheer number Seth wore to host the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards, and it’s fabulous.
So, have I convinced you to love Seth even more? Or can you not answer because your heart’s exploding with too many swoons?