2. When Van Pelt goes to fetch a new rifle, the Mexican national anthem is playing in the background.
Fun fact: When the film played in Mexico, that track was wisely removed.
7. This movie messed up with the math, just a bit.
Remember that scene where Judy, Sarah, Alan, and Peter are playing Jumanji in the attic? And Judy says she can win if she rolls a twelve, but then fails when she rolls a three. And on her next roll, Alan tells Judy she can win if she rolls a seven?
Turns out she’d really need a nine, because twelve minus three is definitely not seven. Whoops!
9. “Jumanji” was supposed to be the next big thing in CGI development and had an estimated budget of fifty million.
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire.
- Twitter's shares fell steeply in after-hours trading after they reported a decline in monthly users 📉