2. When Van Pelt goes to fetch a new rifle, the Mexican national anthem is playing in the background.
Fun fact: When the film played in Mexico, that track was wisely removed.
7. This movie messed up with the math, just a bit.
Remember that scene where Judy, Sarah, Alan, and Peter are playing Jumanji in the attic? And Judy says she can win if she rolls a twelve, but then fails when she rolls a three. And on her next roll, Alan tells Judy she can win if she rolls a seven?
Turns out she’d really need a nine, because twelve minus three is definitely not seven. Whoops!
9. “Jumanji” was supposed to be the next big thing in CGI development and had an estimated budget of fifty million.
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- The New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the U.S. presidential nominating season, is on Tuesday.