1. Plot summary:
The Host is a sci-fi love adventure of a film based on a novel by Stephenie Meyer of the same title. In it, there’s a new alien force, called Souls, who are threatening the very existence of mankind by taking humans and using their bodies as hosts. In other words, a human’s body remains intact as the Soul takes hold, but the human mind is erased completely.
That is, until Melanie Stryder (Saoirse Ronan) comes along — because she refuses to give up her body and mind to an invading Soul. In fact, she remembers everything about her former life, including memories of her sexy man mate Jared (Max Irons).
So, what happens when Melanie wanders into the desert to find her family and the hunk of man she loves?! Well, you’ve gotta see the movie on March 29 to find out.
2. This is the latest trailer for “The Host,” and it features Diane Kruger and a lot of flashy eyes.
3. Plus, a hint of Saoirse Ronan’s fab chrome* dress!
*FYI: Souls just love chrome, because they’re ballers. The character she plays, Melanie, wears this dress once she’s taken.
4. Usually when a Soul’s inserted into a human, the human mind disappears.
5. Not the case with Melanie, though. Her human consciousness doesn’t go away: It survives.
Side note: If you’re wondering how to pronounce “Saoirse,” her name rhymes with “inertia.” So, Saoirse = ser-sha.
Plus, she wore oxfords to the premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 because heels are for losers.
Another important side note: Saoirse is Irish and has the most adorable accent imaginable in real life.
6. In “The Host,” Saoirse gets to kiss Jared, played by Max Irons, and it’s hot.
7. Actually, they don’t even have to be kissing to look hot together.
8. Jared is the man who the human, Melanie, loved before she was taken.
And in real life he’s related to this other sexy guy, his dad, Jeremy Irons.
So if you’re too young for the sexy dad, you can hop on board the sexy-son train. It’s a one-stop Irons shop!
9. And this is Jake Abel, who plays Ian, one of the rebel humans who has a complicated relationship with Melanie.
10. There’s a love square between Jared, Melanie, Ian, and the Soul who has taken Melanie’s body.
11. Souls are technically the bad guys, but not everything about them is awful: They don’t lie or steal, they care about the environment and basically make the world better, and they really love chrome.
Plus, check out Kruger’s fab fash!