When it comes to Moonrise Kingdom, all we can say is this: Who doesn’t love a story about a lovesick khaki scout out to win the heart of a troubled-Lolita-esque-klepto?
Yet, in spite of the fact that it was penned by director Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola, and stars badasses like Bruce Willis, the film only earned one Oscar nod in the form of Best Original Screenplay. That’s right folks, just one nomination.
With that in mind, Focus Features released an interactive version of the script. Ya know, to remind us all of how awesome the film was. Let’s explore the prettiest parts of this bonus treat, shall we?
1. Cartography of awards.
OK, let’s get this out of the way: The Moonrise Kingdom script was nominated for plenty of other awards. Now you know.
4. And even more storyboards!
Seriously, is there such a thing as too many?
5. An empty Khaki Scout tent, that we kind of want to live in.
And by “kind of” we mean “for real.”
6. Artwork depicting the sets.
Hey, remember when you watched Moonrise Kingdom and saw the actual room that this drawing is based off of? Cool. That is very cool.
9. Evidence of the Noah’s Ark theme.
In case you missed that part of the movie, here it is.
If you want more of Wes, click on any of the source links above!
P.S.: What kind of bird are you?!
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Donald Trump has pledged to support the eventual Republican presidential nominee in 2016 and not mount a 3rd-party run. ›