When it comes to Moonrise Kingdom, all we can say is this: Who doesn’t love a story about a lovesick khaki scout out to win the heart of a troubled-Lolita-esque-klepto?
Yet, in spite of the fact that it was penned by director Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola, and stars badasses like Bruce Willis, the film only earned one Oscar nod in the form of Best Original Screenplay. That’s right folks, just one nomination.
With that in mind, Focus Features released an interactive version of the script. Ya know, to remind us all of how awesome the film was. Let’s explore the prettiest parts of this bonus treat, shall we?
1. Cartography of awards.
OK, let’s get this out of the way: The Moonrise Kingdom script was nominated for plenty of other awards. Now you know.
4. And even more storyboards!
Seriously, is there such a thing as too many?
5. An empty Khaki Scout tent, that we kind of want to live in.
And by “kind of” we mean “for real.”
6. Artwork depicting the sets.
Hey, remember when you watched Moonrise Kingdom and saw the actual room that this drawing is based off of? Cool. That is very cool.
9. Evidence of the Noah’s Ark theme.
In case you missed that part of the movie, here it is.
If you want more of Wes, click on any of the source links above!
P.S.: What kind of bird are you?!
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.