1. Alex Rios had a historically bad year in 2011, chalking up a Wins Above Replacement rating of -1.7. Simply put, that means any old Triple-A outfielder would’ve helped the Chicago White Sox win 1.7 more games than the $12.5 million-earning Rios.
Jonathan Daniel / Getty Images
3. It was only the fourth time that a player has had at least six hits and two steals in a game. The person to do it was Sammy Sosa 20 years ago.
Getty Images / Getty Images
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›