1. It took him 148 pitches, but Tim Lincecum pitched a no-hitter tonight against the San Diego Padres — the first of his career and one he couldn’t have accomplished without some timely help.
2. This nifty play by third baseman Pablo Sandoval ended the seventh inning.
3. And this sliding Hunter Pence catch ended the eighth inning.
4. There was even a moment of lightheartedness during the eighth when the home plate umpire got nailed in the stomach with the ball and Lincecum couldn’t help but grimace along.
5. But while Lincecum’s pitch count was quite high, there were no such dramatics in the ninth inning, and a lazy flyball to left ended the first-ever no-hitter at San Diego’s Petco Park.
6. The players mobbed Lincecum, who finished the night with 13 strikeouts.
8. It wasn’t easy, for sure, but the seventh no-no in San Francisco Giants history won’t soon be forgotten.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑