1. Ryan Mathews likely wasn’t too pleased with this goal line fumble yesterday against the Cardinals, but it’s the preseason and these things happen.
2. At least the Cardinals recovered it and OH HEY WHOOPS.
3. What an unfortunate time for Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson to temporarily go insane and lateral the ball to a teammate near his opponent’s end zone.
4. John Phillips, BE A HERO.
5. This was the scene as Phillips rumbled into the end zone. ALL OF THE EMOTIONS going on here.
Christian Petersen / Getty Images
6. And when you’ve scored two touchdowns over parts of three NFL seasons, you damn well better celebrate.
7. The entire play is difficult to stomach for any football fan (more so for the Arizona faithful), but know that football cannot get any weirder or more hilarious than this.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.