1. Here’s “Scotties Little Softie,” the official mascot of Canada’s women’s curling championships, during last year’s tournament.
2. For the uninitiated, Scotties is a brand of tissues sold in Canada.
3. Why a tissue company requires its mascot to have lifeless, nightmare-inducing eyes is anyone’s guess.
4. And yet, here’s Scotties Little Softie making yet another unwelcome appearance at today’s curling championships. Good from far …
5. Up close, nightmares. Nothing but nightmares.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?