1. Here’s “Scotties Little Softie,” the official mascot of Canada’s women’s curling championships, during last year’s tournament.
2. For the uninitiated, Scotties is a brand of tissues sold in Canada.
3. Why a tissue company requires its mascot to have lifeless, nightmare-inducing eyes is anyone’s guess.
4. And yet, here’s Scotties Little Softie making yet another unwelcome appearance at today’s curling championships. Good from far …
5. Up close, nightmares. Nothing but nightmares.
In The News Today
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›