1. Here’s “Scotties Little Softie,” the official mascot of Canada’s women’s curling championships, during last year’s tournament.
2. For the uninitiated, Scotties is a brand of tissues sold in Canada.
3. Why a tissue company requires its mascot to have lifeless, nightmare-inducing eyes is anyone’s guess.
4. And yet, here’s Scotties Little Softie making yet another unwelcome appearance at today’s curling championships. Good from far …
5. Up close, nightmares. Nothing but nightmares.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.