1. Here’s “Scotties Little Softie,” the official mascot of Canada’s women’s curling championships, during last year’s tournament.
2. For the uninitiated, Scotties is a brand of tissues sold in Canada.
3. Why a tissue company requires its mascot to have lifeless, nightmare-inducing eyes is anyone’s guess.
4. And yet, here’s Scotties Little Softie making yet another unwelcome appearance at today’s curling championships. Good from far …
5. Up close, nightmares. Nothing but nightmares.
In The News Today
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›