1. Here’s “Scotties Little Softie,” the official mascot of Canada’s women’s curling championships, during last year’s tournament.
2. For the uninitiated, Scotties is a brand of tissues sold in Canada.
3. Why a tissue company requires its mascot to have lifeless, nightmare-inducing eyes is anyone’s guess.
4. And yet, here’s Scotties Little Softie making yet another unwelcome appearance at today’s curling championships. Good from far …
5. Up close, nightmares. Nothing but nightmares.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›