1. Pure Joy Of The Week: Mike Glennon Edition
Our spirit animal. Welcome.
2. Your Weekly Reminder That Football Is A Violent And Dangerous Sport
Especially when you’ve got goons like Brandon Meriweather in the league. The league has cracked down on his reckless tackling up high, so now he’s going for players’ knees.
3. A Celebration So Awesome, It Defies Logic
Starting the engine? Air guitar? It doesn’t matter what you call this. Nick Hayden still wins.
4. Hawaii, Here He Comes
You think Muhammad Wilkerson wants to go the Pro Bowl in Hawaii? Maybe just a bit.
5. Your Joker Mask Of The Week: Jets Edition
6. The Agony, The Ecstasy
We see you, Jared Allen. Oh, we see you.
7. Pinball Wizard
Washington won in overtime against San Diego, but wacky interceptions in the end zone like this didn’t help.
8. Tap Happy
Robert Alford didn’t have much room in the end zone to make this pick. (It didn’t matter.)
9. Tastes So Good
Steve Smith eats your third-and-longs. HE EATS THEM UP.
10. Heads-Up Football, Part I
Antonio Cromartie never takes his eye off the ball. True fact!
11. Kansas City Chiefs Undefeated Status: INTACT
T.J. Graham was a little late on this tackle for Buffalo, and the Chiefs eked out a tough 23-13 win on the road. A bye week and then a battle in Denver for AFC West supremacy. That could be fun.
12. Gone Fishin’
Back-to-back sacks on Tony Romo and Brian Robison was reelin’ ‘em in.
13. RIP, Christian Ponder
We hardly knew ye.
14. Overreactive Penalty Of The Week
A roughing the passer call for tackling someone in the waist.
15. Brotherly Love
One of the Ryan brothers had to lose. It wasn’t this one!
16. Adrian Peterson Is Not Of This Planet
You’ve got to be kidding me with this.
17. Yo, Adrian
18. And The Winner Of “NFL Coach Who Looks Most Like He Just Walked Out Of A Cormac McCarthy Novel” Is …
Congrats, Mike Shanahan!
19. The Polite Billionaire
We’ve seen the worst of Jerry Jones, superfan. This wasn’t him. Bring him back!
20. Heads-Up Football, Part II
Never saw it coming. (Heh.)
21. Superman Returns
A 34-10 home win over the Falcons, and Carolina and Cam Newton are all smiles.
22. GRONK DON’T NEED ANKLE, GRONK DRAG
Got the job done, but it sure took a while to happen.
23. Nothing But Net
Just like they drew it up. (No, really, this was awesome.)
24. Clothes Make The Maniac
Subtle suited Seahawks fan is suited, subtle.
25. Ankles Don’t Bend That Way
Devone Bess, makin’ cornerbacks look bad since today.
26. Might As Well Jump (Jump!)
As you do, DeSean.
27. A Portrait Of The Wide Receiver As a Young Man
28. Toe Close
Doug Baldwin (six catches, 75 yards, and a TD) putting on a clinic.
29. Pump Up The Volume
Can you hear me now, Seattle? Nope? Didn’t think so.
30. Let Me See Your GRRRRRRRR Face
Victory is a weird thing sometimes.
32. Seventh Seal
Here are all the quarterbacks in the history of the NFL who’ve thrown seven TD passes in a game with no interceptions: Y.A. Tittle, Peyton Manning … and Nick Foles. Pretty cool that nothing makes sense anymore.
33. Tom Brady’s Poofy Winter Hat: Always On Point
A tradition unlike any other.
34. The Struggle Is Real: Pittsburgh Defense Edition
35. Nightmare Fuel Of The Week: Football Head Edition
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›