1. As radio announcer for the Class-A Charleston RiverDogs, a Yankees minor league affiliate, Sean Houston is starting at the near-bottom of his profession, ready to work his way up.
2. And last Saturday night was one like any other this season for Houston — except for a special guest sitting down in the stands below.
3. That would be Bob Costas, sports announcing’s versatile, opinionated, age-defying everyman.
4. So Costas did Houston a solid and joined him in the radio booth to call an inning of the game.
5. Houston’s assessment: “It was pretty intimidating and pretty surreal,” but a game he won’t soon forget.
6. Here’s the segment that local news station WCIV did on Houston’s one shining moment with his broadcasting idol.
h/t Awful Announcing
In The News Today
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›