1. During a weekend trip to head coach Mike Krzyzewski’s alma mater, West Point, Duke men’s basketball team toured campus and got in a full practice.
Duke M. Basketball
Just arrived at West Point. Amazing listening to Coach K tell Blue Devils about his time here. #DukeElevate
2. The players even got to experience some of the realer aspects of cadet training.
Blue Devil Network
.@Duke_MBB took in West Point today, complete with gun simulation training. #DukeElevate
3. Including spending some time in West Point’s Simulation Center, created to “educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets through design, development and application of full spectrum simulation training programs.”
4. These modified M4 Carbines sure do look battlefield-ready, but those air hoses/cabling coming off the front of each one are clear giveaways that these are for instructional use only.
5. But they need to operate like the real thing so they can be applied for military training purposes.
6. While not directly participating, Krzyzewski still looked like he was enjoying himself.
9. Regardless of the weaponry’s realness, the West Point instructor maybe should’ve spent some more time on safety and proper handling.
10. After that, it was off to Christl Arena for a full practice. No word yet if the team’s shooting percentage was higher than ever. GET IT? *SHOOTING* PERCENTAGE? LOL, GUNS.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.
- Zimbabwe's environment minister has called for Walter Palmer, the American dentist who killed Cecil the lion, to be extradited over the animal's death.