1. Running of any kind is always an adventure with Prince Fielder. His near-fall into the stands in Game 2 of the ALCS was a memorable moment.
2. But baserunning is an especially unpredictable act for Fielder, as we saw that firsthand in the All-Star Game back in July.
3. Now, Fielder has been having kind of a rough postseason, but he made it to third base in the top of the sixth…and then the unthinkable (and hilarious) happened, as he was caught in a rundown. It didn’t go well for him.
4. DOWN GOES FIELDER. DOWN GOES FIELDER.
5. In slow-motion, it’s downright majestic.
6. Like a ballet dancer in mid-…something.
7. Let’s all petition MLB to just have Fielder start every Tigers half-inning on third base. If this happens even once a year, everybody wins.
8. We know Dustin Pedroia already approves.
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›