2. Then last night, Anthony Rendon knocked this home run over the left field wall — and the ball nearly knocked a Phillies fan out cold.
3. (Incidentally, the next time someone makes fun of you for bringing your glove to the game, you show them this.)
4. And this, from Hanley Ramirez last night, looks just like a normal foul out of play.
5. When it was, in fact, a lethal projectile designed to wake even the most narcoleptic beat writer.
Hanley Ramirez foul ball into the press box five minutes ago almost killed us all: #rip
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.