1. Tony nominee James Monroe Iglehart brings the Genie to life in the new Broadway production of Aladdin, and his seven-and-a-half minute “Friend Like Me” is easily this season’s best production number, and a jaw-dropping athletic feat.
2. Ever since Robin Williams voiced the Genie in Aladdin 22 years ago, “Friend Like Me” has been an iconic Disney number.
5. The Original Broadway Cast Recording of Aladdin will be available digitally on May 27 and in stores June 17. Aladdin is on Broadway now at the New Amsterdam Theatre.
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›