1. 30-Minute Lasagna With Sausage And Mushrooms
What’s great about this recipe is its shortcut ingredients: pre-sliced mushrooms, Italian seasoning blend, no-cook noodles, grated cheese, and a pre-made marinara sauce. But because you cook up a quick layer of onions, mushrooms, meat, garlic and deglaze all that with wine, it still has tons of delicious flavor. Get the recipe.
2. Easy Thai Fish Soup
If you’re not up for shopping for the specialty ingredients in here — lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves — just substitute lemon and lime zest and this will still be awesome. If you don’t like cilantro, sub parsley. Get the recipe.
4. Spinach Pasta Carbonara
Indulgent and delicious but works in some greens, too. Get the recipe.
5. Apple, Cheddar, Squash Soup.
I feel like I should be recommending this other soup — a Carrot, Mushroom, and Barley Stew — because it has a lot of ingredients you’ll have leftover if you make other recipes on this list. But too bad, because I just really love this butternut squash situation. Get the recipe.
6. Braised Broccoli with Orange and Parmesan Recipe and a Perfect Baked Potato
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating.