1. 30-Minute Lasagna With Sausage And Mushrooms
What’s great about this recipe is its shortcut ingredients: pre-sliced mushrooms, Italian seasoning blend, no-cook noodles, grated cheese, and a pre-made marinara sauce. But because you cook up a quick layer of onions, mushrooms, meat, garlic and deglaze all that with wine, it still has tons of delicious flavor. Get the recipe.
2. Easy Thai Fish Soup
If you’re not up for shopping for the specialty ingredients in here — lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves — just substitute lemon and lime zest and this will still be awesome. If you don’t like cilantro, sub parsley. Get the recipe.
3. Roast Chicken and Parsnips
PARSNIPS RULE. Get the recipe.
4. Spinach Pasta Carbonara
Indulgent and delicious but works in some greens, too. Get the recipe.
5. Apple, Cheddar, Squash Soup.
I feel like I should be recommending this other soup — a Carrot, Mushroom, and Barley Stew — because it has a lot of ingredients you’ll have leftover if you make other recipes on this list. But too bad, because I just really love this butternut squash situation. Get the recipe.
6. Braised Broccoli with Orange and Parmesan Recipe and a Perfect Baked Potato
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›