1. On February 3, Oreo will launch a limited-edition Cookie Dough flavor…
2. …AND a flavor called “Marshmallow Crispy.”
(and not called Rice Krispie Treat bc trademarks are real.)
3. There had been rumors…
Last weekend this photo surfaced online with no source or explanation, and so NO ONE EVEN KNEW WHAT TO THINK!
4. Then heroes at Time got their hands on some and did a taste test.
It doesn’t really taste like cookie dough. Several staffers said they got hints of coffee or caramel, and one said it should be renamed the Frappuccino Oreo. It’s good, we all agreed, but if you were to taste it blindly, you most likely wouldn’t guess that it’s supposed to represent cookie dough.
5. As for the marshmallow krispie treat, Time’s review said:
One person declared it inedible, throwing it into the trash in a huff. Others, however, were particularly excited about this variety because its creme center features bits of crisped rice. Unlike the cookie dough variety, this cookie’s flavor corresponds with its name: it really does taste like a Rice Krispies Treat.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.