If this strikes you as an opportunity to do something clever to celebrate then you’re not alone.
Not to be left out of the fun, BuzzFeed Food editors asked some of our favorite cannabis cooking experts to share their Super Bowl recipes for this post.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Most of the recipes should be started a day in advance because nearly all of them start with infusing butter or oil with marijuana — a process that’s best done over low heat for many hours — then using that butter or oil in what’s otherwise a pretty normal recipe.
IMPORTANT WARNING: It may seem like a cute idea to make all of these as a menu, but please don’t because you will feel like this. Choose one or two, then round out your menu with a few recipes that don’t contain psychoactive drugs, please, so you can feel like this.
1. Stuffed Stoned Jalapeno Poppers
2. Super Lemon Haze Mexican Gucacamole
4. Aunt Sandy’s Medical Marijuana Popcorn
5. Hookah Lounge Hummus
8. Ganja Granny’s Smoked Mac ‘N’ Cheese
9. Cannafire Wings
10. Bud n Blue Cheese Dip
12. Classic Cannabis Brownies
13. Mary Jane’s Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
We've got your WKND covered.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›