16. Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Recipe by Izy Hossack
2 slices of white bread
1/3 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated, or finely chopped mozzarella
2 to 3 tbsp soft butter
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
1. Grate and slice the cheese.
2. Mix 2 tbsp of the cheddar with the butter. Spread onto one side of each slice of bread.
3. Flip one slice of bread over and stack on top of the other slice of bread.
Spread mustard onto the unbuttered side of the top slice of bread. Top with the remaining cheddar, and the mozzarella.
4. Preheat a cast iron skillet or griddle pan on a high heat for a few minutes. Place the cheese-covered slice of bread into the skillet, butter side down. Top with the other slice of bread (butter side up). Turn the heat down to medium and let it cook until the underside is golden brown.
5. Flip using a spatula, and let cook again until golden brown on the other side.
6. Cut in half and eat!
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️