16. Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Recipe by Izy Hossack
2 slices of white bread
1/3 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated, or finely chopped mozzarella
2 to 3 tbsp soft butter
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
1. Grate and slice the cheese.
2. Mix 2 tbsp of the cheddar with the butter. Spread onto one side of each slice of bread.
3. Flip one slice of bread over and stack on top of the other slice of bread.
Spread mustard onto the unbuttered side of the top slice of bread. Top with the remaining cheddar, and the mozzarella.
4. Preheat a cast iron skillet or griddle pan on a high heat for a few minutes. Place the cheese-covered slice of bread into the skillet, butter side down. Top with the other slice of bread (butter side up). Turn the heat down to medium and let it cook until the underside is golden brown.
5. Flip using a spatula, and let cook again until golden brown on the other side.
6. Cut in half and eat!
We've got your WKND covered.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.