2. Here’s what you’ll need.
1 lb fettuccine
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 lb Parmesan cheese
herbs for salad:
frisee or mixed greens
optional: tarragon, chives
THE GAME PLAN
1. Boil water.
2. Prep sauce.
3. Prep herbs for salad.
4. Cook pasta.
5. Sauce pasta.
6. Finish salad.
3. Add a small handful of kosher salt to a big pot of water and bring it to a boil.
4. While you’re waiting for water to boil, combine 1/2 stick of butter and 1/2 cup of heavy cream in a saucepan and heat over low heat.
5. Grate 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Try to get real Parmesan (it will say Parmigiano-Reggiano on the rind) and grate it fresh, because that will taste better.
6. Wash and dry the herbs for the herb salad.
Clockwise from top left: frisee, tarragon, parsley, and chives. No need to chop them, except for the chives.
7. Once the water is boiling, add 1 lb of fettuccine and check the package to see how long it takes to cook.
8. Scoop out a cup full of pasta water before you drain the pasta.
9. Drain the pasta. Don’t rinse it.
10. Add a teaspoon of kosher salt and the grated cheese to butter and cream and stir to combine.
11. Add noodles to butter and cream, and add pasta water until the sauce is creamy.
12. Toss the herbs with olive oil and a little kosher salt.
13. If you got a lemon, zest it over the pasta.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.