A classic Egg in a Hole is great just as it is.
Get a step-by-step recipe from Pioneer Woman Cooks.
But there is more.
3. Into a bread boat with bacon and tomatoes.
4. Bake it into an acorn squash.
8. Baked eggs in dinner rolls with hot sauce is the easiest/cheapest dinner ever.
10. Nestle your egg into a skillet of tomato sauce, then bake.
12. A baked potato makes a very exciting hole.
13. So does a doughnut.
18. Basically, any shape for which you own a cookie cutter.
19. This is is heart-shaped egg-in-a-hole FRENCH TOAST.
20. You can line a muffin tin with regular sandwich bread. Result: Twelve exciting holes.
21. Line a muffin tin or ramekin with shredded potatoes…
Get the recipe for Baked Eggs in a Crunchy Potato Crust.
24. There are exciting holes that aren’t made of other food.
But let’s not explore that territory too much because someone’s bound to make a gross joke.
26. Just because you put your egg in an exciting hole doesn’t mean you have to stop there.
27. Make it a part of something, like a Caesar salad…
This Caesar salad is served at NYC’s Redhead restaurant, and it is awesome.
30. Dress it up for a party appetizer by using quail eggs.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.