2. Smoked Lemonade with Rye Whiskey
6. Spicy Cajun Lemonade With Tabasco and Pimm’s
Lemonade + vodka + Pimm’s + Tabasco + 7Up. Get the recipe.
7. Classic Shandy (Beer + Lemonade)
Use sparkling water for extra fizz. Recipe here.
8. Apple, Lemon, Gin Shandy
9. Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade
Which is, generally speaking, a terrific way to spike fruity things. Recipe here.
11. Low Country Lemonade with Peach Schnapps
15. Hot Honey Ginger Lemonade Syrup (Add Whiskey)
16. Strawberry-Thyme Lemonade (Add Vodka)
Please. Get the recipe here.
18. Roasted Peach Lemonade (Add Bourbon)
19. Sweet Tea Lemonade Slushie (Add Vodka)
Add a little extra vodka and and ice to this recipe.
20. Ginger Tea Lemonade with Sweet Apple (Add Bourbon)
21. Tarragon Steeped In A New Empty Honey Jar (Add Gin)
To steep, squeeze a couple lemons’ worth of juice into the almost-empty honey jar, close it and give it a shake, then add water and tarragon, give it another shake, and let it sit at room temp for a couple of hours. Combine with gin or vodka over ice.
22. Shove a bunch of basil or mint in a jar of lemonade, hours before anyone has realized they need a drink…
This is what I do, because I usually have to make 15+ drinks for my boozehound friends. I like to use Simply Lemonade or Newman’s Own.
…and after it’s been hanging in the fridge for a few hours, pour into glasses of ice with vodka or gin + seltzer.
If some herbs get in the glasses, fine, if not, fine. The flavor’s going to be there.
23. Muddle cucumbers with a squeeze of honey, then add store-bought lemonade, ice, and vodka.
Put your spiked lemonade in a pouch, freeze it, and drink it with straw.
Congrats, you just won at life. Directions here.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›